NPHH Ration Card 2024 Benefits of the Smart Card apply offline and online at official website www.tnpds.gov.in
NPHH Ration Card
The Tamil Nadu state government provides residents with two types of ration cards. These cards are categorized as Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL). One specific type of ration card available in Tamil Nadu falls under the APL category and is known as the NPHH ration card. NPHH stands for Non-Priority Household, which is a category defined under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) system ration card.
If you are interested in applying for an NPHH ration card in Tamil Nadu, we will guide you through the process of applying and obtaining the card, both online and offline.
In Tamil Nadu, you have the option to apply for an NPHH ration card through the Common Services Centers located in the state. However, please note that a fee of Rs.200 per card will be charged for this service. The issuance of the NPHH ration card by the Tamil Nadu PDS officials typically takes around 30 days.
If you opt for a physical NPHH card, the waiting time is generally between 30 and 45 days. On the other hand, if you choose to apply online, there is an additional option to have the smart card delivered to your doorstep via mail. For this convenient service, a fee of Rs.70 per card will be applicable.
TN Smart Card
|NPHH Ration Card 2023
|Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System (TNPDS)
Apply For NPHH Ration Card Online
Here are the steps to apply for an NPHH ration card online. These steps are straightforward, and you have the option to complete them online by yourself or visit the nearest Common Services Centre for assistance:
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System: www.tnpds.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply New Smart Card” link.
- You will be directed to a page in Tamil, where you need to enter all the required details.
- The Head of the Household should be the eldest female member of the family. However, if the eldest female member is below 18 years of age, a male member can temporarily assume the role until she reaches adulthood.
- Add the names of the family members you wish to include in the NPHH ration card.
- Provide your address, district, and taluka in the online form.
- Upload a picture of the head of the family.
- Attach a copy of the Aadhaar card or any other address proof for the head of the family.
- Enter the mobile number of the head of the family.
- Select the type of NPHH card you want to apply for.
- Provide details of your gas connection, if applicable.
- Tick the declaration confirming the accuracy of the information you have provided.
- Press “Submit” to proceed.
- You will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your mobile phone for application verification. Enter this OTP and submit it.
- The NPHH ration card from the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System will be issued in approximately one month.
- You can download the card from the same website using the application number, which will be sent to you via SMS on your mobile phone and email.
Types of NPHH Ration Cards
In India, the National Food Security Act (NFSA) provides for the issue of National Priority Household (NPHH) ration cards to eligible households. There are several types of NPHH ration cards, which are as follows:
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) ration card: This is the highest priority household category and is issued to the poorest of the poor families.
- Priority Household (PHH) ration card: This is issued to households below the poverty line (BPL) who do not belong to the AAY category.
- Above Poverty Line (APL) ration card: This is issued to households above the poverty line who are not eligible for the BPL or AAY categories.
- Annapurna ration card: This is issued to senior citizens who are not covered under the AAY or PHH categories and have no source of income or support.
Apply For NPHH( Non-Priority Household) Ration Card Offline
Please note that the Head of Household plays a crucial role in the issuance of Ration Cards, as they are issued in their name and the benefits are provided accordingly.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Make a visit to the nearest PDS Office.
- Complete the Application for the New NPHH Ration card, ensuring that all the required details are filled in accurately.
- Attach copies of the Aadhaar Cards for all family members.
- If the applicant’s address differs from the one mentioned in the Aadhaar card, provide a residence proof.
- For households without shelter, there is no need to provide any address proofs.
- Obtain the Income Tax Certificate from the Revenue Department.
- If you have any existing ration cards, please include them as well.
Benefits of NPHH Ration Cards
A Non-Priority Household (NPHH) ration card is a government-issued document that provides access to subsidised food and other essential items in India. This card is issued to households who do not fall under the priority category defined by the government, but still require financial assistance to meet their daily needs.
There are two types of ration cards: APL (Above Poverty Line) and BPL (Below Poverty Line). These cards are further categorized into Priority and Non-Priority based on the household’s financial status.
NPHH (Non-Priority House Hold) ration cardholders, belonging to the NPSH or NPHHL category, are entitled to receive various daily essentials such as Rice, Sugar, Wheat, Kerosene, Oil, and Toor Dal.
NPHHS (Non-Priority House Hold Sugar) ration cardholders are eligible to avail only Sugar as an essential commodity. NPS stands for Non-Priority House Hold.
NPHHNC (Non-Priority House Hold No Commodities) ration cardholders are not eligible to receive any essential commodities through this ration card.